Type: Full Time, Entry Level
Comp: $15 – $20/hour + Equity
Reports to: COO
SilkRoll is a sustainable fashion startup company located in Oakland, CA. The company is an e-commerce marketplace that acquires all its merchandise from users nationwide that mail it in. The marketplace runs on a points system and customers earn points to shop by sending in items they no longer wear. SIlkRoll is on a mission to tackle the fashion industry’s negative environmental impact with a service that incentivizes customers to trade fashion vs. buying new. Fashion manufacturing is the world’s #2 source of industrial pollution. Our points based system gives people back what they paid so they can fair-value trade items with other women.
How it works: register, receive a mailing label, send clothes in the mail, earn points for quality items, shop with your points.
As Merchandise Manager you are partnering with the founders to handle all merchandise processing so they can focus on strategies to scale the business.
· Curating: Selecting & pricing products to be listed on the site
· Merchandising: Inputting product specification data for the product pages
· Photoshoots: Running photo editing system (we will train you)
· Inventory Services: Stocking organization & order fulfillment
· Customer Service: Chatbot, email & text channels
Although not required, the following are great skills to have:
· You have a general understanding of fashion brands and trends
· You know clothing and handbag categories
· Retail experience is a plus
· Knowledge of Adobe products
· You can see full color spectrum
· You are proactive and a self starter
· You like problem solving and thrive on new challenges
· You like physical labor – physically able to bend & lift 20-30 lbs
· You are incredibly organized
· You like to work independently
· You’re willing to manage people as the company grows